Optical WDM Engineer
OVH is proud to have built and operate a network that provides services to millions of Internet users around the world. The Network Engineering team is responsible for designing and operating that network reliably and at scale.
As a member of the networking team, you have a direct impact on the next generation designs and features. You also ensure that network operations are safe and efficient by monitoring network performance.
OVH network generates a constant stream of challenges which require you to continually innovate and think outside of the box to offer solutions with an evolving set of technologies.
Your Role ?
In this role you are responsible for deployment and the scaling of the ever growing OVH network. You are responsible to identify automation and drive the software teams to apply your vision. At OVH scale SDN is not only a reality but a must.
The work requires a thorough understanding of the networking technologies and an ability to apply your knowledge to creative, scalable, and cost-effective solutions.
You will be designing and specifying methodologies and automated solutions and contributing to their development and implementation.
The ideal candidate for this team would have a background in implementing optical solution such as longhaul, submarine, an metro. We're interested in engineers with experience having operated and implemented networks of very large scale. Candidates should understand the theory behind and have deep operational knowledge of optical solution.
Collaborate with vendors/manufacturers to evaluate new features and come up with implementation plans for incorporating them into the network.
Collaborate with other teams to drive the automation in the OVH network
Work with other network teams in identifying operational issues and improving quality.
Design and develop test plans and automation at scale
Define requirements and identify technologies for scaling our network in a cost efficient and operationally streamlined manner.
Develop tools and processes for automation of acceptance, operational, troubleshooting and network health reporting.
Your Assets ?
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working in engineering or design roles on an ISP, enterprise-level, Cloud provider production network
- Experience with the rollout of production large scale networks
- Experience conceptualizing and delivering engineering solutions to customers.
- Experience working with routing protocols and technologies
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Computer Science.
- 4 years of experience in developing and operating large scale network infrastructures in operational or engineering roles.
- Exceptional analytical, negotiation and organizational skills.
- Experience with coding in Python, Go or equivalent software language
- Clear focus under pressure. Creative approach to problem solving and ability to think out of the box.
Le défi de notre équipe Network est de faire évoluer de manière constante notre important réseau mondial. Pour cela, elle s’appuie sur… En savoir +