IT Datacenter Technician
Run IT Technicians
Erith, South East
Permanent and full time
Competitive salary & benefits
Why OVH Cloud?
With a presence on five continents and over 2,200 employees, OVH is firmly established as Europe's leading cloud services provider, and a trusted partner for IT professionals around the world. More than 1 million customers from small up to enterprise accounts rely on our infrastructure, launching their own innovations on our scalable, secure solutions.
We design, build and operate our own data centers. Each component is carefully selected, each step to build is thoroughly evaluated, from our location selection to choice of hardware components, each is vetted to solve the next generation of challenges. For over 20 years, we have been building the best-in-class infrastructure. Adopting the latest generation components, adapting our data center design, investing in manufacturing automation, and optimising production schedules. We manage the end-to-end process which results in faster product delivery, higher performance, and an increased ability to be price competitive.
Building a multilocal cloud implies being close to our customers and partners wherever they are, to help them build and grow in the cloud. We achieve this with 34 points of presence globally and nearly 400,000 physical servers running in our datacentres. Our data center in Erith is one of our 30 datacentres worldwide and provides us with our UK presence.
About this role
We have 4 x Run IT Technician opportunities within our team, at DC Erith.
Our Run IT Technicians are responsible for the deployment and maintenance of our datacenter. As a Run IT Technician, you will provide level 1 support to datacenter teams, subsidiaries and OVH customers, as well as contributing to the overall set up and maintenance of the datacenter. Reporting to the DC Team Leader, you will be part of a dedicated team of L1 technicians that ensure that our datacentre operates 24/7. Therefore, this role will give you the opportunity to work on a shift rotation, with an equal share of early, day and night shifts and a minimum of a couple of rest days in between.
Enable datacentre capacity growth:
- Optimise racks for new servers
- Connect power and network cables within server and network racks
- Install servers as required by the Team Leader and in accordance with the operational plan
- Assemble and install server hardware (assemble/install/upgrade/update servers)
- Adhere to health and safety rules and regulatory requirements
Contribute to service reliability:
- Complete interventions on the servers in response to monitoring alerts or customer tickets
- Upgrade the servers (change obsolete components)
- Undertake curative maintenance on delivered servers
- Troubleshoot complex issues using various tools
- Perform regular established maintenance procedures
- Understand and maintain cabling systems
- Replace failed networking devices within racks
- Implement actions to resolve problems related to the server environment
- Ensure servers are functioning properly via analysis and monitoring
- Keep asset databases up to date
- Manage and resolve system failures quickly
- Escalate incident tickets to L2 support where approporiate
- Assist team members with other relevant maintenance tasks within the DC
Skills and Experience
- Attention to detail and a solution orientated approach
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Organised, autonomous and adaptable
- A keen interest in IT and computer hardware
- Experience of building and maintaining computers
- Basic knowledge of computer networking
- Positive, energetic and proactive mindset
- Ability to take a step back, analyse, evolve and improve
- Flexibility to work 24/7 shifts
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- 4 days of additional flexi leave
- 50% off your public travel to work
- Company pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Free eye test
- Sports contribution
- Fresh fruit and refreshments
- Quarterly social events
- Lunch allowance
- Annual profit share
Our values are central to achieving our goals. We believe that how we do business is as important as what we do. Our OVHcloud values define who we are as an organisation and what makes us different. We strive for our employees to feel empowered to do business in the right way, in a responsible way.
Our Datacenter Run team is responsible for optimising our datacentres and maintaining our infrastructures. The team is made up of savvy,… Find out more